Emergency Centers at eight of the local hospitals are available 24 hours for emergency patients including holidays.
- Jeju National University Hospital (Phone : +82-64-750-1234)
- Jeju Jungang General Hospital (Phone: 720-2000)
- Hankook Hospital (Phone : 750-0000)
- Cheju Halla General Hospital (Phone: 740-5000)
- Hanmaeum General Hospital (Phone : 750-9000)
- Seogwipo Medical Center (Phone : 730-3109)
- Songsim General Hospital (Phone : 762-8001)
- Jeju Medical Center(Phone : 724-2102)
Call 119 for the assistance in case of emergency.
Seogwipo Public Health Center (Phone: 735-3550) and clinics are available during week days.
- Subject : Foreign residents who have the following qualification
- Permanent resident with F-2 visa
- Spouse of Korean who has Visiting and Joining Families(F-1) visa and his or her children
- Foreign resident who will stay in Korea over one year with the visa type of Culture/ Art(D-1), Students(D-2), General Trainees(D-4), Residence Reporters(D-5), Religious Workers(D-6), Intra-Company Transferees(D-7), Treaty Investors(D-8), Treaty Traders(D-9), Professors(E-1), Teaching Foreign Languages(E-2), Research(E-3), Special Technology-Instruction(E-4), Professional Employment(E-5), Other Particular Occupations(E-7), E-8, Overseas Korean Residents(F-4), and spouse, and children under 20 in age who does not have a spouse.
- Application Process
Apply to the nearest office of the Medical Insurance Association. (Phone: 739-9681 ~ 3)
(Necessary documents : application, a copy of Alien Registration, certificate of studentship and service, contract of employment, or statement of tax payment)
- Acquisition of Qualification for Residence Any foreign resident who stayed more than three months in Korea. (But the qualification, even less than three months, can be acquired if considerable period of staying could be clarified by the purpose of staying such as schooling)
- Premium (Every 3 months advance payment of insurance premium)
- Foreign resident whose income is easy to estimate
- 3% of monthly average income Foreign resident without income or whose income is difficult to estimate
- Average rate of regional medical insurance recipient.
- Permanent resident (same rate a Korean)
Medical Service For Foreigners
- Jeju National University Hospital
Foreigners' Center (General Practice Room, 3rd Floor)
- Phone: 717-1834
- Address: 1753-3 Ara 1-dong, Jeju City
- Cheju Halla General Hospital
Foreigners' Center (3rd Floor)
- Phone: 740-5290
- Hours: 10:00~12:00, 14:00~16:30
- Address: 1963-2 Yeon-dong, Jeju City